Sunday, January 11, 2015

2014 - Love it or Hate it?


I haven't done my 2014 recap yet so this is an attempt to do just that.

I hear a lot of people complaining they didn't have a good 2014 and they'll be fine not having it but in my case it wasn't so bad. I'll start with the good part first. The not-so-good part will come later in this post. Now, before I start, this is not to brag. I am just counting my blessings and you should too.

We did a lot of travelling in 2014 but mostly just in the U.S. The only international trip we had was when we celebrated our 2nd year wedding anniversary in Paris and a side trip to London to try the Eurostar and to watch Miss Saigon.

(Note photo starting the one below would all be vanity shots. To skip, scroll all the way to the middle for the photography shots without my face, lol)

aboard the eurostar from london and back to paris


after watching Miss Saigon in London

berthillon of paris

trash-the-wedding-dress photoshoot in Paris

Another highlight of our 2014 is doing a lot of hiking with our favorite travel buddies Rex and Chona. I am tired most of the time after the hike but it was worth every molecule of sweat because we visited a lot of cool places.

bryce canyon in Utah



the internationally renowned hiking destination...
the  wave (coyote buttes north)

discovered another quaint city called Newport in Rhode Island


went to chicago to take my friends' prenuptial photos





it's also a good year photography-wise....
and here are some of my favorite photos that i took in 2014


New York skyline at night

Mohonk in Autumn
Newport, Rhode Island


Upper Antelope

Horseshoe Bend

White Pocket

Toadstool in Grand Staircase

Monument Valley

Coyote Buttes North

the famous The Wave

Bryce Canyon

I also have a few disappointments and stressers in 2014 but the happy times outnumbered those. I would say this though, that 2014 has taught me a lot about friendships. How some would only look like they like you on the outside but when you turn your back they spite you with all the hatred they could muster. That no matter how you try to be nice to them, somehow they made it their goal to discredit you and to justify their unfair judgement of you and how you are not worth their friendship. I also learned how there would always be people, that no matter how you try hard to understand them or give them the benefit of the doubt, they are just too painful and stressful to be around. That they are just a natural born pain-in-the-butt.

Fortunately, I'm not one to dwell on negativities but I do have a good memory and that memory keeps me in line on who I should continue to invest my time with and who I should stop being friends with.

Like I always say, and I know I am already sounding like a broken record but I'll say it again. Life is too short and too precious to keep those negative people around (not unless they are you're relatives, which, unfortunately, you don't have a choice but be nice to them).

Being nice and trying to get along with everyone might be the most logical and the kindest thing to do but in the grand scheme of things, do you really think it's worth your time and energy to be around those sandpapers of your life and try to please them? Don't you think you're better off using that energy to the people who genuinely cares about you and loves to be around you? You should invest your time and energy on people who wants to spend their time and energy with you wholeheartedly and not on those people who reek of crab mentality and prejudices.

Pretending to like someone who doesn't like you in the first place is just a waste of time, money and energy. You can try to change them, sure, but for how long? You deserve to be around good people. Don't lower your standards.

Alright! Enough of that!

Here's wishing you all an adventurous, drama-free and fun-filled 2015!
woot! woot!

As a finale, here's a Flipagram version I did. That is, if you aren't sick of seeing my face yet, lol
 

0 Comentarios:

Post a Comment