Sunday, May 19, 2013

Cape May, my happy place

It was our 1st year anniversary last May 12 so we went to Cape May for two nights with our greyhound Chloe. We didn't go to Cape May just because it's my favorite beach in the U.S. but because this is where we got married (the civil wedding, our first wedding, which we consider the official).


along Jackson St.
We arrived on a Saturday afternoon, which was spent waiting for Chloe to settle down in our room (we stayed at Marquis La Fayette, they're pet-friendly with beach front rooms) and early dinner at Mad Batter. We liked walking around in Cape May and we did exactly that too.






 We then went to Wildwoods, because I've never been
there. Wildwoods is just 30 minutes away from Cape May and is also one of the many Jersey shores. It is your typical beach with boardwalk, carnival food, carnival rides & games, stores, etc but my favorite is a photobooth called shooters-old-time-photos. See that pic on the right, we were dressed up like from the old wild wild west movies. They have rows and rows and rows of costumes! Not just the set I'm wearing but also the "Southern Bellas" kinda dresses & mafia attires for men. You'll love it!

I like how ours turned out, lol. It was $30/couple/pic and we got carried away and bought a frame with it ($50 total). We're planning to hang the frame on our bar area, which we think is the most appropriate spot, with me carrying a bottle of Jack Daniel's and everything, lol.





Come Sunday, May 12, was activities-packed. I woke up really early so I could do my morning run. Had breakfast then we went to Wellness Center for our couple's massage. After which we rented a bike.

It's been a looong time since I last rode a bike but it's true what they say, if you have ridden a bike before,
posing in front of Peter Shields Inn, our Cape May reception venue

no matter how long it has been since you last rode one, you'll never forget how to ride a bike. We had a blast. I'll say that's the best way to go around Cape May, biking. We were tempted to get those tandem bikes but I'm really missing riding a bike so we opted to get a bike each. We just biked along Columbia, Hughes (see video), Madison, Beach ave. Now, biking at Beach Ave. is tricky because of the wind. We all know biking against the wind is challenging, I'm literally glued on the road while I'm still pedaling because the wind is blowing the opposite direction. Needless, to say, our legs were all sore after that. I wasn't planning to drive along Beach Ave because there are too many cars but the hubby insisted because he wanted to take a photo of me on a bike in front of our wedding venue reception, Peter Shields Inn (see photo above).



ayeen biking in cape may (hughes st) from bluemarlinfish on Vimeo.

After that, we just took a rest then walked Chloe, took a rest again and went out to do my bridal march reenactment, lol.

the same spot where i did my bridal march same time last year...

After that we went back to Wildwoods, only because I don't like my nightshots when we went there the other night, lol, yeah, vain I know.



We were supposed to have dinner at Peter Shields Inn to celebrate our 1st year wedding anniversary, but they were having some Mother's day event that they were not serving dinner that day so we ended up having dinner at Pier House  at La Mer and we were pleasantly surprised. The resto really looks nice from the inside. The first thing I noticed is that they don't have salt and pepper on the table (that's one clue right there that they're a fine restaurant, atleast that's what I was told). Our server even gave us a complimentary champagne when he found out we're celebrating our first year wedding anniversary.

our complimentary champagne


Ofcourse, our anniversary dinner won't be complete without exchanging of greeting cards and gifts. Mine is not the usual gift. It's a coffee table album of 14 pages with my photos on it. Not just some ordinary pictures but boudoir photos. I've been meaning to give him one as a wedding gift when we got married in the Philippines but I didn't have the time and thought it would make for a very good 1st wedding anniversary gift, instead. Photos were taken 3 weeks before our 1st wedding anniversary.

I really, really think every wife should do this. One, because we are not young forever, so you want one for posterity. Two, like I said, it would make for a very good wedding anniversary gift for the husbands (my hubby LOVES it! he keeps saying I look like a Victoria Secret model every time he looks at the "book",  lol). Don't bother about losing weight before you do it, if you find a good photographer he/she would know how to pose you to hide or play around your problem areas (mine is the tummy and my arms). Just do it, and quick before life catches on (having a baby, too many parties, travelling, etc).

Anyway, here are just some of the tamer ones, lol. Nope, I wasn't showing any "inappropriate" parts of my anatomy, I'm just showing some skin and wearing swimsuits or sexy lingerie. Try it. Your husband will LOVE it!

(FYI: i brought props with me, like those autumn leaves, my wedding veil and an angel's wings, and some other outfits
Also, pix have watermarks because I haven't received my CD yet)


Update: I added more, because the hubby is too proud of them and insisted I add more, lol





Anyway, I digress, lol.

Happy 1st Wedding Anniversary to us! Looking forward to more wedding anniversaries with the best hubby in the whole wide world!







ps.
boudoir shots from snapxpressions.com

0 Comentarios:

Post a Comment