Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Random Thoughts of a New Mom

So, I am a mom now...
   ...and I have already forgotten what an 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep feels like.
or 5... or 3... or 2... or 30 minutes


So, I am a mom now...
   ... and I can no longer shower in peace (if i even get the chance to do it), because my baby knows exactly when to cry. Yep, when mommy's in the middle of shampooing her hair
   ... oh, and don't get me started on when I'm in the middle of pooping.


So, I am a mom now...
   ... and now I say goodbye to spontaneous trip because a trip now involves 10,000 more things to pack and 15,000 more things to consider because you know, i have a tiny pooping machine, err, i mean tiny human company.


So, I am a mom now...
  ... and I can no longer hastily make decisions.
  Like, you know that eggnog cocktail I've been craving for with extra shot of rum? I can't have it because baby's breastfeeding in 30 minutes.


So, I am a mom now...
   ... and that new gadget I so want to buy? not happening.
   Because now I have to think of daycare expenses and 529 Plans.


So, I am a mom now...
   ...and that unfinished sandwich with a single bite sitting for hours on the dining table was mine... because baby decided to poop (and is now screaming bloody murder) around the same time mommy is taking a bite of her breakfast, lunch, dinner or midnight snack.


So, I am a mom now...
   ... i used to wear perfume...now my perfume is my son's pee..
i have a bellagio fountain right in front of our changing table...wanna see?


So, I am a mom now...
   ... and in spite of all these, i am not looking forward to my maternity leave ending... i'm already having separation anxiety just thinking about going back to work... i  don't think i can even last 5 minutes.




0 Comentarios:

Post a Comment