Saturday, January 9, 2016

What's there to look forward to and beyond...

Ear worm.

That song has been playing in my brain cells for weeks now and have been trying to remember who the artist is (without googling, I like to torture challenge myself sometimes). Eventually I remembered and it's an OPM (Original Pilipino Music) and thought, maybe i could use that as a title for my first blog of the year. So here we are!

Hello 2016.

But before I say hello to 2016 I wan't to look back, savor and remember the things that have transpired in 2015 (you can skip this part and scroll all the way to the bottom).

2015 was a very important year for me.

February, we went home to visit the Philippines to enjoy the beaches and to attend a couple friends' wedding. More about it here. Then a few days later we went to meet my friends in Singapore and got to stay at Marina Bay Sands for 3 nights. Hubby is really stingy but when it comes to vacations, he doesn't skimp. We're opposite. I pride myself as someone who can go on vacations at the cheapest way possible, but I'm not complaining, lol. We always split the travelling bill but still.


early morning dip at marina bay sand's infinity pool


our view from our room




In February, we also got to visit Thailand for 3 nights to see the temples, to try the dinner river cruise on the chao praya river, to experience the floating market and got to ride with the elephants.



thailand's grand palace
one of the many temples we visited in thailand


Most importantly, February was when I found out I was pregnant. We were in Singapore that time.

at marina bay's ku-de-ta restaurant...
the night (day in the U.S.) i found out i was pregnant

The rest of the months just rolled by so fast. I was not feeling well most of the time but the rewards afterwards is more than I could ask for. I'm talking about being pregnant.

September 2015 was probably the happiest month of my life. A little tiny person, who looks like me, said "hello world". Well, figuratively speaking, that is. I have been praying to have a baby someday and it was a long wait but that doesn't matter. What matters is it's prayer granted, I am a mom now!


maternity photoshoot at 30 weeks
(it's either genes or i got lucky that i didn't have linea negra nor stretch marks)


So every time I look at my baby's face I will be reminded that 2015 was a very very special year. Because that's when I got to meet this special person whom I carried in my womb for 36 weeks and 2 days.

Then came November.
November was when I finally got my U.S. citizenship. When I applied I was contemplating on whether or not to use my hubby's citizenship or just use my greencard of 5 years. I chose the latter. Less requirements. So on November 30 of 2015 I did my oath taking and is officially a U.S. Citizen. No more applying for visas when I visit other countries!


...now i'm no longer
the only foreigner in my tiny household :P


So what's there to look forward to and beyond 2015? For me, it would be the many firsts. First crawl. First step. First birthday. First Mother's day. First Father's day. Just to name a few.

Here's wishing you all a lot of wonderful firsts for 2016. Or seconds. Or thirds. Doesn't matter. Just don't forget to appreciate each little things that makes you feel wonderful and alive. Remember what the past year had taught you, but don't linger too long. Prepare for the future but learn to let go of what is not yet too so you can enjoy the present.

Happy New Year!

HAPPY  2016 ! ! !
note: red bold fonts are clickable.

0 Comentarios:

Post a Comment